Menu templates are reusable menus that are not specific to the day or meal. Both sponsors and centers can create and use menu templates. Any center-created templates are only visible to the center that created them (and the sponsor). You can create templates for both infants and non-infants. You can also use menu templates to build your master menus.
To create Menu Templates:
- Click the Menus/Attendance menu and select Manage Menu Templates. The Manage Menu Templates window opens.
- Click Breakfast, Lunch/Dinner, or Snack.
- Click Add under Non-Infant Menus or Infant Menus. The Record Menu Template dialog box opens.
- Click the Title box and enter a name for this template. This name displays on the Center Monthly Menu Plan report.
- Click next to each meal component to select foods.
- When finished, click Save. You can also click Save and Add to save this template and immediately begin creating a new template.
Note: You can toggle between Non-Infant Menu and Infant Menu while creating templates. However, if you switch menu types without saving, your changes are lost.