Note: In order to access the new ARAS feature from MinuteMenuCX, you must first upgrade your software to the most current version.
Note: You can now enter ARAS Meal Counts in KidKare. Use this feature for At-Risk sites where children are not enrolled. If you have an At-Risk site with enrolled children, you will use KidKare Attendance and Meal Counts for centers.
Access the ARAS Feature
- Login to CX and choose the ARAS center in the Select Center drop down at the top of the screen.
- Click the Menus/Attendance menu and select Record Meal Counts (SFSP/ARAS). The Meals and Attendance screen in KidKare opens in a web browser.
- From here, you can view or edit meal counts. See Record Attendance and Meal Counts for more details on how to do this.
Note: You can also open a browser and go directly to KidKare. You will login with the same credentials you use for CX.
How to Access Additional Sites in KidKare
- From the screen above, Click on Exit Observer Mode in the top right corner
- A full center list appears. Select the next center you would like to view by clicking on the name of the center.
ARAS Custom Field Settings
ARAS/SFSP settings can only be accessed through KidKare.
- Login to KidKare using your CX credentials.
- Click on the gray gear icon on the to left of the main menu.
- Scroll down to the ARAS/SFSP Settings section.
- Add up to 3 custom fields on the Attendance and Meal Count screen but moving the toggle to yes and typing in the name of the custom field.
- Click SAVE.
Note: When you change custom fields in the settings, the new fields will not show up in KidKare until the 1st of the following month. For example: Custom Field 1 is titled as "Hot Meals Served". On the 15th of the month the setting is changed it to say "Cold Meals Served". The change to "Cold Meals Served" will not reflect in KidKare until the 1st of the following month.
Data Entry Options
ARAS Sites have the following data entry options:
- Record meal counts directly into the program during the meal service on a tablet, smartphone, or computer.
- Record point-of-service meal counts on paper and transfer them into KidKare later.
- Record point-of-service meal counts on paper and turn that information into their sponsor. The sponsor can then enter the information into the program.